SHOP THE POST
I’m going to be real, today was rough (by the time you read this, it’ll be yesterday). It was just one of those days that was overwhelmingly stressful and frustrating- we all go through it– but how we let it affect us is what matters.
So I decided to share 9 tips that help change my attitude and get me in a happy mood when I’m having a rough day! Hopefully some of these can help you guys in the future when you are having a tough day!
1. Call someone you love: For me this is definitely my Mom and Dad! There’s nothing better than talking to someone you know loves you and will never judge you.
2. Vent your heart out– I’m the queen of venting!!! Nothing feels better than just letting it all out. If you need to cry, cry… if you need to say crazy things… say crazy things… Whether you talk to yourself in the mirror or vent to someone, it’s like reviving your soul haha!
3. Wash the day off: Take a shower and wash off that rough day in the warmest bubble bath ever!!! Ahhh heaven! A glass of wine to go along doesn’t hurt 🙂
4. Blast your favorite playlist: Nothing gets me more pumped than my favorite song coming up on Pandora! Give me, Aerosmith‘s “Walk This Way”, or Guns and Rose‘s “Welcome to the Jungle”, and I’m a changed woman!
5. Breathe: I know what you’re thinking… “B!t*h, I breathe everyday!” But, that’s not what I’m talking about, I mean taking 3 deep breaths and 1 big exhale, and when you exhale, imagine all the negative energy leaving your body… I know it sounds crazy, but man does it work…
6. Exercise: Run, Dance, Box… just move your body and sweat it out. It feels amazing!
7. Pray– For me, praying allows me to collect my thoughts, connect with God, and ask him for patience and a clear mind. I know praying may not be for everyone, so just taking time to reflect can fall under this category too.
8. Think of three things you’re thankful for: Say them out loud!! Remind yourself, that even though your day sucks, your life and the blessings in it don’t!
9. Hug someone: Hug your mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents, boyfriend, girlfriend…your dog❤️… whoever makes you feel supported/loved, and just enjoy it. There’s nothing a hug can’t fix, even a rough ass day! 😉