SHOP THE POST
Okay, let’s be honest! The Holidays are absolutely wonderful and definitely is my favorite time of year…. but holiday season also comes with the less attractive side affects… exhaustion, late nights, finals, stress…That’s not to say it’s not worth it! I absolutely love this time of year, there’s nothing better than getting together with loved ones and celebrating. But with all the running around trying to find the perfect gifts, the perfect holiday party outfit, decorating and the list goes on and on…. sometimes we just forget how to take care of ourselves and are left completely drained before the holiday even begins! So today I’m sharing 5 tips on how you can look rested and refreshed during the holiday season!
1. Wash your face after a late night holiday party: I’m not going to lie, I’ve been to a Holiday party every night this past weekend, and I refuse to go to bed with my makeup on (or without a shower), no matter how late it is. Making a routine out of washing your face every night is so important for looking refreshed the next day.
2. Eat healthy: So I know this one can be tricky because, let’s be honest holidays and health foods just aren’t in the same category. But it’s so important to try to eat the best you can during the holidays. It can be very tempting to just grab fast food when you’re running around buying gifts. But stop yourself and think… is this burger worth it… or should I save these calories for the eggnog that I’m having later better…. Just find a balance. After a while of eating junk food your body and energy take a major toll. So what can you do??? First, when you know its going to be a long day pack a bottled water with you and healthy snacks like a protein bar and almonds. Doing this keeps my energy up throughout the day. Second, before you head out the door to a party try to eat something healthy beforehand so you don’t overindulge in all the tempting holiday food.
3. Workout: Take time for yourself and get sweaty! But if you feel like you don’t have time to workout, then just blast some christmas music at home and dance around with your family. The point is to get your blood flowing, heart pumping, and release tension.
4. Cleanse and moisturize: Cleanse your skin with a face mask, eye mask, and moisturizer. Moisturizer helps with the dehydrating effects alcohol has on your skin from all those parties. Another quick tip for those mornings when you wake up looking puffy is to grab a cotton ball soaked with cold Witch Hazel and apply it all over your face and eyes. I looove this stuff and always keep a bottle of witch hazel in my fridge. This feels soooo good and works wonders to depuff!
5. Get a good night sleep: We hear this one all the time, yet it seems to be the hardest one to do! I’m so guilty of staying up till 3 am watching Friends, but it takes such a toll on me in the morning. Not enough sleep makes you irritable and makes it harder to focus on everything you have to do. When this happens, adjust your schedule to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. For me, this completely shifts my mood and I find myself more productive! Don’t look at the mountain ahead! Focusing on all that is ahead of you can be demotivating and leave you feeling overwhelmed. Instead, prioritize and focus on accomplishing one task at a time. Slowly you will chip away at that mountain and reach the top!!! I hope you find some of these tips useful to get you through the next couple of weeks. Stay safe, healthy and motivated!!