SHOP THE POST
Happy New Year peeps!!! Cheers to 2018?!?
2017 was a phenomenal year full of opportunities, love, good health, accomplishments, family and God! I want to bring those same vibes into 2018! So today I’m sharing 5 things that we can all bring into the new year!
1. Appreciate time and be present: Clearly time flies!!! I mean hello, we are in 2018… wasn’t it just 2010?!?! It’s so important to me to appreciate the time I have with family and friends. Whenever I’m with them I truly try to be present. Putting my phone away for a little and just talking to them, living moments with them, and creating memories that make my heart full is what life is all about . This is a hard one, cause it’s almost habit to be checking your phone or the internet every minute, but putting in the effort to appreciate time, really helps you appreciate what you have.
2. Handling the lows: Of course, everyone has their lows through the year. No matter if it’s big or small, we all experience days that are harder than others. One thing that I’m proud of is how my lows were handled with the love and support of my family in 2017. One thing I learned is the importance of surrounding yourself with people that support and love you… People that help lift you up when you are down, but most importantly, be that person for others!
3. Self Confidence: Confidence issues is something I’ve struggled with not only this year, but for quite some time. But this year, I truly feel like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel on this issue. With a lot of help, I feel like I finally learned how to let the pressures of wanting to be perfect go. That’s not to say that I don’t have bad days or weeks that I feel self-conscious, but I’ve definitely come a long way. I’ve thought about sharing my experience on this topic here, because I don’t think I’m the only one that suffers from low self-esteem and the pressures of society. There’s no point in standing in front of the mirror and picking out every little thing I dislike about my body… what the heck is that… what type of life is that… I’m going in with the mindset of “Damn my body is special and one of a kind and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks…cause it’s mine!” So this year I plan to let go of all that self-doubt!
4. Work hard and accomplish goals: 2017 was a year full of incredible work opportunities. I got to work with E! News, Telemundo, and some awesome brands on my blog! To say it was a dream is an understatement. This year I want to carry the same work ethic and passion I have for accomplishing goals throughout each day. One thing I always tell myself is no dream is too big to live. You may think it’s crazy, but it’s so true. As long as you work hard and have the mindset that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to… you will do just that. Tune out any negativity and find your inner strength to pursue your dreams.
5. Make others feel loved: Share goodness and love with the ones that are most important to you. Let your family and friends know how special and appreciated they are. Keep the ones you care about close and don’t let a day go by without letting them know how extraordinary they are. Make their year the best one yet, with your endless support and love.